(December 27, 2021) We can’t wait for 2022! There are several virtual programs, including Women Who Code, already on the calendar. We continue to prepare our new exhibit space at Marian House/Women’s Industrial Exchange for a time when health guidelines will allow us to open regularly. There are more historical markers that honor Maryland’s suffragists waiting for installation in Talbot, Frederick and Garrett counties as well as in Baltimore City.
New this year: We already have an entire year of women artist receptions and exhibits lined up, including our next one, including Griot Grandmother Edna’s hand-sewn quilt exhibit.
We are grateful for the supporters that have kept Maryland Women’s Heritage Center‘s vision of celebrating Maryland’s women alive in 2021. Please take a moment to review our 2021 accomplishments.
We welcome you to help us recognize, document and celebrate the contributions of Maryland women, past and present, to our world. Take action to:
- Donate. Your support will help us improve our new exhibit space and plan programs around the state
- Sign up for our newsletter to read about our year-round work.
- Join our dedicated cadre of volunteers. We are in need of researchers, occasional administrative support and event coordinators.
- Attend our 2022 in person and virtual programs.
- Tell us about women who should be recognized.
- Recommend local artists for our rotating window exhibit series
Contact executive director Diana M. Bailey to share your stories or ideas on how we can carry on the legacy of Maryland’s women in the years to come.