At Last! MWHC Grand Reopening
After operating virtually for several years, MWHC moved into the historic Marian House/Woman’s Industrial Exchange (WIE) building in December 2020. Then, the pandemic and worldwide uncertainty keep us from opening our doors.
However, nothing kept us from our cause to preserve women’s history in Maryland.
Finally, it happened. On June 4, 2022, we threw open the doors as long-time supporters, volunteers, new visitors, local representatives and neighbors came together. We thank Senator Chris Van Hollen‘s office and Maryland Women Legislative Caucus for proclamations. We are grateful to Marian House for never-fail support. Projects completed during the pandemic came together with the help of dedicated volunteers as well as Preservation Maryland.
We are proud to be a part of this Baltimore landmark. Founded in 1880, WIE helped craftswomen discreetly earn a living and operated in various forms until June, 2020.
Now, both the building’s owner, Marian House, and MWHC serve and honor women and carry WIE’s spirit into the future.